My sweet Mom made me this angel necklace!
What tea should I choose??
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon (packed) grated orange peel (I omitted)
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I only used 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup chilled buttermilk (I used 2 1/2 T. powdered buttermilk and 2/3 cup cold water)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Floating heart candles are fun!
- Milk (for glaze)
Butter and flour baking sheet.
Whisk 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Add butter and grated orange peel; rub in with fingertips until coarse meal forms. Mix in chocolate chips and dried cherries. Whisk buttermilk, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract in small bowl to blend. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients; stir with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps. Gather dough into ball. Press out dough on lightly floured surface to 3/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out scones. Gather scraps, press out dough and cut out additional scones. Transfer to baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush scones lightly with milk; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar (I used red colored sugar). Bake until scones are crusty on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes (or up to 20 minutes if refrigerated). Serve warm or at room temperature
Can you guess what my fabric is from??
It's a nightgown from Target!!
Yes, I even wear and dream about tea and food!!
I am sharing this with:
Happy Valentine's Day! xo