Monday, March 28, 2011
pepperoni, cooked sausage, etc., or whatever you like
1. Twenty minutes before baking time, preheat the oven with a baking stone placed on the rack at 550 degrees (or 500 degrees if that's your oven's max).
2. Prepare all your toppings.
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin right over the plastic wrap. My pizzas are around 12-13". Carefully peel off the plastic wrap & discard.
5. Cover the dough with your favorite pizza sauce, being careful not to cover it too thickly.
6. Scatter half the mozzarella on top of the sauce. Add pepperoni, etc. Now add the rest of the mozzarella. Trim around the outside of the parchment paper, leaving about 1/2-1" overhang.
8. Allow to cool slightly allowing the cheese to set. We like to sprinkle dried oregano & parmesan on the pizza when it comes out of the oven.