These breadsticks are soft & wonderful & make the house smell so great while baking. If you haven't tried making bread, try this easy recipe. They are really addictive!
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 t. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
Toppings: choose parmesan cheese, Johnny's Garlic Spread & Seasoning, dried parsley or rosemary, sesame seeds or poppy seeds, etc
1. Mix the yeast, sugar & warm water. Add the salt & flour & knead for 5 minutes. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook.
2. Spray the top of the dough with Pam. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise until double. This takes about 1 hour.
3. Place the melted butter in a large rimmed baking sheet.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured counter into a 15 x 20 inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 strips. Taking one strip at a time, dip the strip into the butter & then fold in half & twist.
5. Place all the breadsticks in the baking sheet. Sprinkle the breadsticks with your choice of toppings. I used the Johnny's Garlic Spread & Seasoning on mine, which you can buy at Costco.
6. Cover & let rise for 1/2 hour.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.