It's another summer-like day here and time for a Friendly Witch Tea in the garden. I'm using this tablecloth that I bought at Ross several years ago. It matches my Friendly Witch's stockings and her cape overlay.
Don't you just love the wart on her nose, and her gingham hat?
My Lenox teacup goes with most anything and I received it from Debbie from Stephanie's very first teacup exchange.
My McKenzie-Child's look alike tea kettle that my son Mike painted for me completes the look!
yield: 3-4 dozen depending on size
Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing
These yummy, cake-like cookies are a perfect Fall treat!
For the Cookies:
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (a great use of leftover pumpkin!)
- 1 egg
- Chopped, toasted pecans for garnish, optional
For the Brown Butter Icing:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, and both sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool cookies and then frost with Brown Butter Icing. Garnish with the chopped, toasted pecans, if desired.
- For the Icing: In a medium bowl, place powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk. In a 1 quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until light brown. Pour browned butter over powdered sugar mixture. beat until smooth. Gradually add the remaining tablespoon of milk to make frosting creamy and spreadable.
Created using The Recipes Generator
I am sharing this with these lovely parties:
Thank you for your visit! xo