Perfectly shaped eggs that look like poached!
I wanted one of those cute mini pie makers and finally broke down and bought one at Target. I am a such a sucker for kitchen toys!! Mine is a Sunbeam product and it was on sale for $19.99. How could I pass it up?? It does make great pies, but here's another use for it....baked eggs! They turn out so perfect, just like little poached eggs. Plus you don't have to use any bottom crust to make these.
To make the baked eggs:
Another use besides making pies!
1. Grease the openings, both top and bottom in the pie maker.
2. Plug in the pie maker to heat it up.
3. Crack your eggs and add to the bottom opening.
4. Shut the lid and let the eggs cook. These will not require the full amount of time. Check in a few minutes to see if they're done. I don't like runny whites, but my hubby does.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, herbs, and salt and pepper, if you like.
6. Enjoy a new way to fix eggs!
To clean the mini pie maker, I put a couple of tablespoons of boiling water in it, shut the lid and let it steam for a few minutes, unplug and let it sit. I then sponge up the water, wipe clean with a clean cloth and dry.
I am sharing this with:
Mix It Up Monday!
Tips, Tutorials and Tidbits