For my dear DIL, who loves fudge sauce, I decided to make this for her birthday to share with the family. You can use a store-bought fudge sauce, but this one is SO good & very easy. I hope you try it!
1/2 gallon of ice cream, softened at room temp. for about 15 minutes
For the hot fudge sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup heavy cream (evaporated milk works!)
4 T. butter
1 t. vanilla
1. In a food processor, crush the oreos. Add the melted butter & pulse. Put the crumb mixture into a 9 x 13" pan & pat until smooth.
2. Add half of the ice cream on top of the crust & smooth out the surface . Put into the freezer & freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Keep the other half of the ice cream in the fridge.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the fudge sauce. In a 2 qt. saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, cocoa, heavy cream & butter until mixture is smooth & boils, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Cool fudge sauce slightly.
4. Pour half the sauce over the ice cream. Return pan to freezer & freeze about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the rest of the ice cream from the fridge. Spread it on top of the fudge sauce. Drizzle remaining sauce on top of the ice cream in a pretty design. I sometimes need to slighty heat the sauce in order to drizzle it. Return pan to the freezer & freeze at least 3 hours. If dessert is not used the same day, wrap or cover tightly.
6. Before serving, let sit out for about 15 minutes.
Makes 12-15 servings