My cheery, cherry tea is featuring some beautiful, handmade gifts that I received from my sweet blogging friend Stephanie, from The Enchanting Rose. Just look at my pretty apron, and guess what? It's reversible, too! Stephanie is the Queen of Embellishments, and her handmade items always have her special touches. I love the apron's old-fashioned charm, with the pretty doily, and the soft rose trim. Aren't I lucky?
This pretty mug rug is perfect for my teacup and a snack. I moved my bowl of cherry crisp, so that you could see the beauty of the design. In the background is a darling fabric bowl, all embellished to match the apron and mug rug.
My Mary Engelbreit teacup, from my friend Bea, looks so pretty on the mug rug, don't you think?
Here's my easy cherry crisp that I whipped up for the occasion. There's plenty, as you can see, so please join me, won't you?
Now let's enjoy a bowl of easy cherry crisp, and we will drink some Black Forest Tea, that my friend, Margie, sent me, and oh my goodness, is it ever good!
Easy Cherry Crisp (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish (I just used a pie dish). Pour pie filling into the dish, and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon. Mix in melted butter. Spread over pie filling, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
This lovely apron goes perfectly in my kitchen. Thank you, Stephanie, for your handmade gifts for me! If you'd like to participate in Stephanie's next teacup & mug exchange, the information is below. You need not have a blog to participate. It's such a rewarding experience, and you can read testimonies from several ladies, by visiting here.
I am sharing this with these lovely parties:
Thank you for your visit! xo