For my Cinco de Mayo tea we are having Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.
My giant teacup planter is holding an angel wing begonia. Senor Guacamole was designed by my son, Mike.
I'm using my Fiesta Ware dishes are perfect for mixing and matching. These bars are so easy and so tasty. I'm giving the full recipe, but I only made half. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls (the seamless ones are great for this)
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (I used low fat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press one package of crescent rolls into a 9x13 pan, making sure it is evenly pressed over the entire pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla together.
- Spread over crescent rolls.
- Unroll second can of dough and carefully place on top of cream cheese layer.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until center is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for easy cutting. Cover and refrigerate remaining bars. You can reheat slightly in the microwave before serving, although some may prefer them chilled.
I am sharing this with:
Thank you for your visit! xo