4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (or butterflied if large and then cut down the center)
flour, spread in a pie plate
1/2 cup olive oil
1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.Heat olive oil in large saute' pan over medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off the excess flour and place in pan. Saute' chicken, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate. I browned the breasts in shifts as to not crowd them.
3. Drain all but a little bit of the oil and add mushrooms. Saute' the mushrooms until they begin to release their juices.
4. Add the Marsala wine, and scrape loose with a wooden spoon all browning residues on the bottom and sides of the pan.
5. Add butter, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Place the chicken breasts back in the pan and cook until heated through. Transfer the chicken breasts to warm serving plates, pour sauce over them and serve.
I served this with brown rice, but we decided that pasta would be really good, too. I also served a chopped salad, found here.
I am sharing this with:
Mix It Up Monday
On the Menu Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Full Plate Thursday