If you love macaroons, do I ever have a treat for you today! I'm using this pretty Royal Albert March trio that my friend, Colleen, gave me from her collection. I've tried to complement the pretty set with some purple-hued flowers.
This darling glass, birdie-topped bottle was given to me from my friend, Joy. Isn't it sweet? I decided to fill it with milk for my tea, but it could be used for salad dressing, syrup, etc.
The Royal Albert March set is named Anemone. It's so pretty for Spring!
After I ate some of these, I tried dipping the bottoms of the cookies in leftover melted chocolate that I had saved from my Peanut Butter Easter Eggs. The chocolate was a winner!
Please help yourself to a macaroon or two, while I heat up the electric kettle for some more tea.
Oh my goodness, if you love coconut, please do give these little morsels a try. I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com, but added some almond extract to enhance the flavor. Also, dipping the bottom of the macaroons in melted chocolate, is an added ambrosial flavor.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut (I used a 14 ounce bag)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (the Allrecipes.com version called for 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoons almond extract (my addition)
- melted semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) if you'd like to dip the bottoms of the macaroon after they are baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and almond extracts, and using your hands, or a wooden spoon, mix until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes ( mine took about 18 minutes) in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
- Cool on wire racks, and if desired, dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted chocolate.
Makes 2-3 dozen depending on size.
Thank you for your visit! xo