Tea today is pumpkin chai with some delicious pumpkin coffee cake. I'll split this for us and we can each have some. Care to join me?
I made this wonderful coffee cake last year, and felt like it should be shared again. This would be the perfect coffee cake to have on hand for Thanksgiving morning. Your guests will rave about it! I hope you give this recipe a try. I know you won't be disappointed.
1/3 cup water
1 (15-oz) can pure pumpkin
1 T. vanilla
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 (18-oz.) box yellow cake mix
1 t. baking soda
Topping (get this ready first and set aside)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 T. butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans and more like 1/2 cup)
Brown Sugar Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with butter. I actually used an 8" square pan and three mini loaf pans today and checked them after 25 minutes.
3. In a large bowl mix together the water pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, melted butter and nuts. Use your fingers to sprinkle mixture over the top of the cake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Poke holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick. Pour warm glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Brown Sugar Glaze: (make while cake is baking)
In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 t. vanilla and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
I am sharing this with:
Make It Pretty Monday
Tea Time Tuesday
Friends Sharing Tea
Thank you for your visit! xo