Yes, it's still warm enough in Texas for tea outdoors! I've created a Fall tea for us to enjoy, with some Pumpkin Pie Cookies and pumpkin chai tea.
This Calico teacup by Crownford China, Staffordshire, England, is a favorite of mine to use in the Fall. It looks pretty with my cottage teapot, don't you think?
I saw this recipe on Betty Crocker's website awhile ago and have been wanting to make it. My alterations are in parenthesis...sorry, Betty! These little gems are like little pumpkin pie/cheesecake cookies, which would be a nice alternative to a pumpkin pie. Here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Cookies
Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cold cream cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese, well-softened (I used 4 oz., as to not waste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) (I used 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray bottoms and sides of 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in large bowl. Cut in butter and 4 oz cream cheese, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. (Do not overmix.) Reserve 1 cup cookie mixture for topping; set aside. Firmly press 2 tablespoons remaining cookie mixture evenly into bottom of each muffin cup.
- In small bowl, add 3 oz cream cheese (I used 4 oz) and stir until smooth. Add remaining pumpkin filling ingredients; mix well. Place 1 rounded teaspoon pumpkin filling in center of each cookie. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons reserved cookie topping.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes. Run metal spatula around edge of cookies in muffin tin to loosen.
Note: I had enough leftover to put into the bottom of three custard cups.
This is my "Autumn" Lizzie Kate design that I finished. I just interchange the seasonal designs into the same frame. Can you see the tiny buttons that are sewn in?
I am sharing this with:
Tea Time Tuesday
Thank you for your visit! xo